My First New Year's Resolution EVER: Eating Fruit 'n Berries in Season.

I didn't really plan it as a NY's resolution - I've been wanting to plan out my "fruit calendar" for months now, and it just happened so that I finally did it on... December 31st;-) So why not calling it my first EVER New Year's Resolution?;-) I thought I'd share with you the calender I put together - I hope it will give you some ideas also!

There's just something about having a specific "flavor" and "taste" for each month of the year - that's why I decided to "assign" two-three seasonal fruit/ berries that I will eat during a certain month . Some might think it's a bit too restrictive, but I think it's got to be fun! Also, it should make me more disciplined about including a huge variety of fruit and berries in my menu;-) So, this is what I'm committing to:


January: Mandarin, Green Apple, Coconut
February: Grapefruit, Cherimoya ("the most delicious fruit known to man" according to M.Twain!)
March: Pomelo, Kumquat
April: Mango, Pineapple, Banana
May: Strawberry, Loquat, Aprium
June: Blueberry, Raspberry, Cherry, Plum
July: Blackberry, Apricot, Nectarine
August: Watermelon, Melon, Peach
September: Apple, Pear, Grape
October: Kiwi, Fig, Quince
November: Persimmon, Feijoa (I have them growing in my front yard;-), Guava
December: Pomegranate, Orange, Cranberry

Happy New Year!!! 
I truly hope we'll make it a happy, healthy and meaningful one;-)

30 comments:

  1. Машунь, с Новым годом. Фрукты выглядят волшебно и очень аппетитно...удачи и счастья в новом году))) Целую.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо, Инночка! С Новым Счастьем;-)))

      Delete
  2. Nice idea Maria! I think I might try something like this too. I wish you a good 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! I love cherimoya, it's one of my favourite fruit.
    Happy 2014! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. С Новым Годом, Машенька! Фрукты подобраны по сезонам - это отлично! В Америке, кажется, предпочитают соки из фруктов и ягод. Я думаю - лучше грызть:))). Иногда делаю фруктовые салаты.
    Это когда, например, в кислые ягоды добавляю банан или грушу и всё поливаю оливковым маслом .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо огромное, Галина!!! С Новым Счастьем вас и вашу замечательную семью! Я тоже больше люблю грызть фрукты - правда салатики уже ооочень давно подобные не делала;-))

      Delete
    2. Имей ввиду, Маша! Ты тоже - моя семья. Я так всем говорю и очень тобой горжусь:))))

      Delete
    3. Галина, вы просто удивительный человек! Спасибо вам огромнейшее - ваши комментарии всегда самые-самые тёплые... я просто безумно это ценю!♡♡♡

      Delete
  5. Great idea! I will try^^
    happy new year, dear
    kisses

    http://irinafedkova.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Neat list, I never really looked in to what was in season, but that's a good idea :-) I love Guavas and Persimmons<33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I've never looked into that either - just starting;-)))

      Delete
  7. This sounds like a very delicious plan! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Как все вкусно и аппетитно! Поздравляю с новым годом!Успеха во всем! Приходи за поздравлениями http://marydreamart.blogspot.ru/2014/01/c-happy-new-year.html
    А постом ниже есть новогодние елки моего города))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Машенька, спасибо тебе огромное, золотце! С Новым Годом и Рождеством тебя и твою замечательную семью!!!!

      Delete
  9. Какой яркий, вкусный пост! Машенька, С Новым Годом! Пусть сбудутся все твои заветные желания! Пусть твоя жизнь будет такая же как и эти фрукты - сочной и яркой!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ай Наташенька, солнышко, спасибо тебе большущее! С Наступившим Новым Годом и Рождеством тебя и твоих любимых и близких!!! Пусть все самое доброе и красивое случается с вами в этом году;-)))

      Delete
  10. That is an awesome idea Maria! Such a great way to get a variety of fruit :) Happy New Year to you by the way! I can't wait to see what you have in store for 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, thank you so much, Kato!!! Happy New Year to you and your loved ones - you guys are such an incredible family!!!♥♥♥

      Delete
  11. Nice idea. It's fun that that' your first new year's resolution. It's good that it's something concrete and that you have it all planned out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll be able disciplined enough to stick to it;-))) Happy New Year, Keren!!!

      Delete
  12. Great resolution! One of my resolutions was just to eat better. More fruits and greens. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool !
    All the best for this all green resolution !
    Delighted to wish you a cool, healthy, amazingly beautiful new year !
    Thanks
    Rajiv
    www.magnificentdewdrops.blogspot.com
    www.magicalpresent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're so sweet, Rajiv, I truly appreciate it~

      Delete
  14. Happy New Year Maria! Although it might be a little bit too late :D.
    I've never had a new year's resolution myself. But I have to cringe at the thought of eating some of the fruits on your list simply because I'm a bit [OK a lot] sensitive to sour food :D. I do drink guava juice occasionally however.
    Anyway, good luck with your resolution!

    xx
    Rin
    http://frostymint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much, Rin! I truly appreciate it - Happy New Year!!! Let's make it an awesome one!!! With healthier eating of course;-)))

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...