Homemade Christmas Tree Scented Spray - All-Natural with Essential Oils

Christmas season without the scent of a real pine tree is just... not complete:-( Yet for the past 7 years I didn't have a real Christmas tree - they just take SOOO MUCH effort to bring, install and maintain (lazy me, what can I say?:-). But even when I did go through all that trouble a few years ago, the tree would not smell neither strong nor long enough. So I always wanted to find an all-natural spray that would smell identical to the Christmas trees we used to have when I was little. I finally found it!!!! Well, made my own to be exact;-) And not only does it smell like REAAAAL Christmas and is all-natural, it actually has some amazing aromatherapeutic properties - don't we all long for those in winter?;-))))
I started working on it a few weeks ago when I ordered various essential oils to test out for the spray: Pine Needle, Pine Scotch, Fir Needle and Spruce Hemlock. I tried mixing and matching those and came up with the formulation that smells just right! And it turned out very easy and simple;-)

WHAT I USE:

WHAT I DO:
I combine oils and water together in a spray bottle, shake mixture nicely and spray away!!!;-) I used plastic bottle because I sprayed it all at once. Yet if you plan to store the mixture, you'd need to keep it in a dark glass bottle (because of essential oils) and shake very well before each use.


I'm now beyond excited for Christmas, as I have All-Natural Gingerbread Candles and this Christmas Tree Spray;-)

  About me:

California girl who came to the US from a small town in Russia all by herself and now making her EVERY single dream come TRUE!

 

Find this post helpful? Don't forget to pin it!

28 comments:

  1. Машенька, просто незаменимый продукт! Нужен всем!!! И тем у кого есть елка, и тем у кого ее нет:) Вечная проблема - через пару дней дерево уже не пахнет!:( У меня один раз эксперимент был с эфирным маслом хвои. Но у нас оно пахнет чем угодно, только не хвоей)))) Представляю, как твое средство пахнет. Ммм....) Эх, праздники уже на носу;) Спасибо за рецепт!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Наташенька, я тоже сколько только всего не перенюхала - ничего настоящей ёлкой не пахло, поэтому пришлось захать различных масел и тестировать комбинации. Да, праздники уже в воздухе царят:-))))

      Delete
  2. Ох, как своевременно поделилась рецептом. Спасибо и молодец как всегда

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. буду только рада, если пригодится;-)))

      Delete
  3. А делать на заказ не планируете?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Нет, его очень легко сделать самому;-)))

      Delete
  4. I can not wait holiday season! :) I love Christmas decoration! Great post! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog! Do you want to follow each other? I'm following you! :) xoxo

    http://lavieenrosemp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, this is fabulous! I love the smell of Christmas trees. You are a clever girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because today I actually decided that I want to have an actual real Christmas tree - if not this, then next year;-))) Thank you, Joann!;-)))

      Delete
  6. I've never had a real christmas tree! Maybe this year is the year to finally get one! <3

    I've just followed you on GFC, looking forward to your next post love!!

    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | 4 Steps: Bigger Rounder Doll Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is so cool how you made your own christmas tree scent!!

    Please check my blog out and if you're interested, please follow me and I will definitely follow you back :)
    xx
    emi-rii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ordered a few of your products. I cannot wait to get them. Just wondering if I decided to make some of these items, where do you purchase alot of your supplies from, especially essential oils?? There are so many brands out there that are not the best quality or they are great quality for a very expensive price. Any input is greatful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so much for placing your order with us!!! You can definitely buy all of the ingredients on Amazon.com

      Delete
  9. ооо, а я знала этот секретик =)
    mary2be.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your awesome diys! spicey scents are my fav. xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Машенька, ты кудесница!!! Настоящая фея!
    Будь другом,загляни еще раз вконтакт)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо, Машуль! Ааа, твой мишка - такая прелесть♥♥♥

      Delete
  12. How many parts water to the 1 part spruce and 2 parts fir mix? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You cannot beat a real pine tree...that looks stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really, How much water to how much Spruce and Fir?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please comment on how much water to how much spruce and fir?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was excited to do this but as far as I can see it was asked four times on how much water should be used and none got a reply... Sad really. Back to the drawing board :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. I did not realize that you could get pine scented essential oils. Pinned to "Having a Natural Christmas."

    ReplyDelete
  18. How much distilled water should you use? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...