Life in Pictures: Our Short Vacation in Oregon

Andrey has been "threatening" me with this trip for five months already: he loves Oregon yet I can't seem to handle long road trips well. That's why he told me about it only a few days before we left, so that it would be too late to cancel the reservation (he always does that;-) Yet at the end I was glad he made me take this short vacation - it was definitely much needed!


An adorable cabin we were staying in...
Our cowboy style room and cowboy style me;-)))
My breakfast Bible studies - finally in peace and quiet!
Mushrooms!!!!
Andrey and his uncle making beef jerky - yeah, it's possible to DIY those;-)
 
 Hey, we had some "fashion gurus" among us: Dan and Egor;-)
I call this a Fireplace Weather - my FAVORITE type♥♥♥
Were feeding deer right from our balcony...

Volcano craters and caves:

Can you spot Andrey in the Ice Cave in the picture below?...
Long yet beautiful ride back to California - it already felt (and smelled!) like Christmas;-)
Driving in the clouds...
 
P.S. We actually have a town called Weed in Northern Cali;-) It's not a joke!
I hope you guys had a chance to get some rest this weekend also... or at least this month;-) If not, please try to - it can do miracles to you, really!

24 comments:

  1. Ключевое слово - "жизнь". Хорошее, пусть даже короткое путешествие - это как проживание отдельной жизни, после которой начинается новая... Молодец, Андрей! Стратег!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Галина, вы всегда очень в точку подмечаете - спасибо большое за вашу чуткость! А Андрей стратег и правда профессиональный - и не знаю хорошо это или плохо для меня;-)

      Delete
  2. I can't handle long road trips too but I'm not as forgiving :D. Beautiful sceneries though and seems like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's hard to be forgiving in such cases, but I'm getting better and better at forgiving, letting go and holding onto only the best memories;-) it took a long time to work on that though;-)))

      Delete
  3. Вот это я понимаю отдых. А то часто: Вы тоже день уборки,стирки, глажки и готовки называете выходным?
    =)))
    Вот увидела пончик..и сразу внутри что-то заскучало по филадельфии (я про сыр)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ах, Женечка, у меня обычно точно так же: правда даже на уборку и стирку времени обычно не остаётся (про глажку вообще молчу!:-( А Филадельфия и пончики (подогретые и хрустящие - мммм...) действительно просто созданы друг для друга!!!;-)))))

      Delete
  4. Машунь, отличные фото и отпуск удался....Андрей у тебя - классный выдумчик)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Машуль, замечательные фотографии! Надеюсь, что твой мини отпуск был таким же замечательным:)
    Красивые виды и краси вы:) Люблю такую осень - яркую и теплую, правда снег на обочине говорит, что зима скоро...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ах, Наташ, скучаю я по такой осени и по снежку тоже - у нас не так:-( Прямо серьёзно о переезде из Калифорнии начинаю задумываться!

      Delete
  6. LOVE I am from Oregon so I really liked this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello darling, let me know if you want to follow each other on gfc and facebook page
    http://idareyoutobefashion.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazing you got to feed deers from the balcony. And that is the cutest cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Интересные фотографии, вид красивый, очень понравились....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to go there! Did you love it?? Those cabins are adorable!

    Amy
    www.5thandvine.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy! It was definitely a great trip;-)

      Delete
  11. Looks like you had a really nice trip!! I love little trips like this with the family.

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyn! Family trips like that (especially on Christmas) is just the best thing ever!

      Delete
  12. I would love to know what cabin that was so I can plan a road trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful trip, and the cabin is so awesome. Thank you for sharing!
    lenny face generator

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...