DIY Anti-Puff Eye Roller (Cooling, Firming + Anti-Aging) – Homemade Recipe for Under Eye Circles and Bags.




When I heard about Anti-Puff Eye Rollers for the first time I knew RIGHT AWAY that I needed one! Well, who doesn't?! No wonder there are more and more of those on the market, yet their natural versions are still hard to find and hard to afford, that's why I had to come up with my own;-)))) It turned out quite easy to make plus I decided to add some moisturizing, firming and anti-aging ingredients to it so that I don't have to apply any eye cream after that - yes, I'm lazy like that;-) Ok, let's get it rolling?
WHAT I USE:

--2 parts Aloe Vera Gel - moisturizes, firms and renews skin cells (source) -  I love Lily of the Desert one, because it's all natural and contains vitamins E, C and A which have great anti-aging properties.
--0.5 part Pure Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Juice - same benefits as aloe vera gel, but in a liquid form which makes it easier for application - it usually goes with 1% lemon juice in it
--1/8 part Vit.C powder (as ascorbic acid) (optional) - one of the most effective anti-wrinkle ingredients (source), yet I added just a tiny bit, since my Aloe Vera Gel already has some vit.C in it
--1/8 part Caffeine Powder (optional) -one of the most effective ingredients to fight dark circles and under-eye bags (source)

WHAT I DO: I first  mix the juice and the powders (caffeine and vitamins) Caffeine doesn't dissolve easily, so the juice needs to be room temperature or slightly above. But ones the solution cools down caffeine crystallizes, so it's important not to add too much of it. After that I stir in my aloe vera gel and pour the mixture into a roller tube. 

HOW I USE IT:
I store the roller in the fridge (cool temperature reduces swelling and under-eye bags - source) and apply every morning as an "awake and sing" remedy for my eyes;-) 



  About me:

California girl who came to the US from a small town in Russia all by herself and now making her EVERY single dream come TRUE!
Instagram
 
Find this post helpful? Don't forget to pin it!

26 comments:

  1. Thanks Maria for this post! Sadly this is just what I need for my puffed eyes! Great timing, just need to purchase the right container for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, Anna, we all struggle with those:-( Glad this post might be helpful;-)))

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea. It's midterm time so I'm not getting too much sleep. And I can definitely see bag. I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perfect! Good luck with your midterms, Giedre;-)))

      Delete
  3. Where is your store??? 0_0
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri! It is MariaSself-shop.com. Sorry for "hiding" it - I try not promote it for right now, so that we can catch up with all the orders;-)

      Delete
    2. Maria,
      Thank you! You really need to make some of your eye gel for us...your adoring public!! :-)
      Teri

      Delete
    3. Oh, you're so sweet, Teri!♥♥♥ I'll do my best to add as many products as possible to the store - we have some amazing new ones to come;-))))

      Delete
  4. I actually had an eye roller on my shopping list but now I might just make one myself! :D Thanks a lot for sharing this wonderful recipe Maria! I love your blog and work so much!

    Just a few questions regarding this recipe, what to do if I don't have a bottle of aloe leaf juice? Can I juice aloe leaves in my own blender and whether I should blend it with the gel in it or after extracting the gel? Also, how much water should I add to the leaves for juicing? :) x

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jadirah - I'm glad you found it helpful;-)) As for the juice - you don't have to use whole leaf juice (it's just what I was using), you can definitely use just regular aloe vera juice (which is easier to find and it has the same benefits)

      Delete
  5. Thanks again Maria for a great and perfectly timed post. I was looking at my dark circles, swollen eyes and wrinkles today and felt very old. I am definitely going to make some of this for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this post might be helpful, Karen! The way our eyes feel (and look;-)) plays a huge role, doesn't it? I can't even think straight in the morning until I place something cold on my eyes;-)))

      Delete
  6. Как же мне нравятся твои идеи с косметикой ручной работы!!! Просто слов нет:) Так здорово сделать что-то натуральное, безвредное и просто незаменимое средство для себя любимой:) Умничка!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо, Наташенька! Буду очень рада, если поможет рецептик;-))))

      Delete
  7. This is really interesting. You are a great blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeing more of your work.
    Anti Aging Supplement

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vаша, какая ты все-таки креативная выдумщица.....тебе нужно каждый день патент оформлять на твои изобретения и тогда Mary Kay отдыхает, а будет Mary Self )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ха-ха, Инуль, спасибо - а это идея!!!;-)))

      Delete
  9. I love all of your posts! Such amazing ideas, always!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an incredible idea! Great recipe Maria. :)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow this is great!!!!
    I love the diy projects!!!
    let's follow each other :)
    xoxo
    Patinka
    please visit my blog
    patinkasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing this very useful idea Maria! I am so glad I came across your blog just in time! I will definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So can I use this on my whole face to firm?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll try this !! but I have a question. Can I use this every night also? Should I store the roller in the fridge all the time? About measures ...... "part" how much means in ounces or tbs?
    Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...