Homemade Christmas Gift Idea: Gingerbread House Candle (All-Natural with Essential Oils). Cool Winter DIY;-)

 Who is ready for Christmas? I most certainly am!!! I know it may seem too early but I've been waiting to do this Gingerbread Candle project since May - I can NOT wait any longer;-) Plus ginger+cinnamon+clove is a signature scent of fall, too - it's even in the pumpkin spice blend! But this candle is even yummier, because it also has vanilla - Christmas isn't complete without the warm vanilla cookie flavor, right? And my favorite part is that these candles are made naturally with essential oils. Ok, let's make them!!!
 
WHAT I USE: (for a 2 oz votive)

--3.4 oz Soy Wax/ Beeswax
--15 drops Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil
--15 drops Clove Bud Essential Oil
--20 drops Vanilla Fragrance Oil 
-- Candle Wick
-- Candle Mold





WHAT I DO:

I first melt the wax in double boiler following the temperature instructions on the package. Once it's melted I add the essential oils and stir the mixture with wooden spatula. Then I place the wick in the mold and pour melted wax with essential oils into my mold. I let my candle harden overnight, take it out of the mold in the morning, trim the wick to the desired length and Voila! - the candle is ready to be burned (or gifted;-))) 


I challenge you guys to try this DIY out - the candle smells unbelievable and it's all natural! My Christmas this year is going to smell like never before - I CAN'T wait!;-)


  About me:

California girl who came to the US from a small town in Russia all by herself and now making her EVERY single dream come TRUE!

 

------------------------------------------------------

Find this post helpful? Don't forget to pin it!

30 comments:

  1. Great candles!!! Thank you for the instructions!!! Have a lovely week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! it was definitely a great one;-)))

      Delete
  2. I have never tried making candles before, but you definitely got me interested! It does sound like it would smell gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! I does smell very Christmasy;-)))

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazingly wonderful and almost edible Maria! Great idea. :)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks for the DIY tip, I will try and make it before christmas. I was just thinking about DIY stuff last night and look I found it right on your website. How perfect is that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad it was right on time;-))) Christmas is the time to get crafty, right?;-)))

      Delete
  5. Maria, I sent a email response and I am looking foreword to your reply! Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent blog on release oil..There are numerous variable factors influencing the selection of a Mould Release Oil, eg the type of clay or concrete mix, the size, shape and type of mould or form, the surface finish required and the rate of production.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a piece of art! But you celebrate Christmas on January 7th right? Like we (Serbs) do. Big big kiss from Czech Republic my new home for the next 5 years :-)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Czech Republic is beautiful - so-so-so excited for you!!!! I celebrate Christmas twice - in December and in January - that's the benefit of being an expat;-))))

      Delete
  8. I absolutely love ginger, both eating and smelling. I will try out first, but you might have an order from me when it goes terribly wrong :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger is just the BEST - especially in winter;-))) Good luck with DIYing adventures, Emma!!!

      Delete
  9. This looks like it would smell heavenly, I lvoe the smell of cinnamon, so Christmasy indeed :) Lovely post, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  10. как интересно!ты такая умничка!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What brand of essential oils do you use for your candles? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely nice performance on the Shutter Release Oil treated as a natural oil and have branded solution for non sticky area .This has heavenly smell and perfect representation also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi...sounds like it would smell wonderful, but just wondering why you would use a vanilla fragrance oil, which is in no way a pure essential oil, or all natural, but a man made chemical product. Why not use a vanilla absolute(or a diluted version of vanilla absolute)?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello I just want to know do you have to spray the molds before you pour the wax in then?

    ReplyDelete
  15. What's the burn time on the candles??

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely need to try my hand at making these candles. Thanks for the recipe. I'm thinking about making them as tarts to melt in my tart burner though instead. Is the yellow color from the wax you used? I would prefer for them to be a more primitive rustic color to store in an old mason jar out in the open. BTW, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...