Hot Mulled Wine Recipe: Traditional Christmas Drink in Europe.



This Sunday I woke up not feeling very well, but since I didn't want to take any medications I thought it would be great to start this Christmas season with a natural "healer" that also happens to be a very popular Christmas drink in Europe - Hot Mulled Wine (aka Glühwein). A few years ago while Andrey and I were in Russia during Christmas holidays he was able to treat my extremely bad cold with this miraculous drink within just one day! And it tastes just like Christmas - can it get any better?;-) Oh, yeah, it can, cause it's also very easy and fun to make!


 WHAT I USED:

There's many different recipes out there online. The one I used is pretty simple and quick. 
  • Red Wine - I used Pinot Noir
  • Orange
  • Ground Cloves
  • Pumpkin Pie Spice - Love that combo!
  • Honey
  • Vanilla Beans


WHAT I DID:
I was not using specific amounts of each ingredient while I was preparing the drink. I simply first poured wine into a saucepan, then added some honey, spices, sliced orange and brought it to a slow boil. After that I let it simmer for about 5 minutes, then strained and served in tea cups with cinnamon sticks. That's IT! Nothing can beat THAT, right? So much goodness in one drink♥♥♥
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! And all the decorating chaos didn't drive you crazy yet;-) 
Don't forget to enjoy the season - that's what we have it for!

  About me:

California girl who came to the US from a small town in Russia all by herself and now making her EVERY single dream come TRUE!

 

------------------------------------------------------


Find this post helpful? Don't forget to pin it!

18 comments:

  1. Мммм! Глинтвейн! Какая прелесть после холодной улицы)) Или на холодной улице выпить такой коктейль))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Айй, Наташенька, таааак снежка захотелось! А то как то незаслужено кажется пить глентвейн. когда на улице не так уж и холодно:-(

      Delete
  2. Почти как у Пушкина: " И пунша пламень голубой" Приятных снов ( это к тому, что у вас - глубокая ночь):)))).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо, Галина - только ночью на блог остаётся время заглядывть:-)))

      Delete
  3. Машенька, спасибо за рецепт!!
    В моем сознании глинтвейн неразрывно связан с Рождеством. Я к этому согревающему напитку пристрастилась в Германии. Там без ароматного Glühwein не обходится ни один рождественский базар.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Романтика! Глентвейн и рождественский базар - очень хотелось бы как-нибудь побывать;-)))

      Delete
  4. Hi Maria, thank you so much for your comments on my blog and sorry for such a late reply. I have not been on my blog much of late and really need to get back to it. I will add your blog to my list that I am following x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I fell totally in love with the pastel tones of your blog - especially with those gorgeous tins;-)))

      Delete
  5. Ohh Mariaa thank you a lot for sharing this recipe. I will definitely try it!
    Hugs and kisses,
    Anastasia :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mulled wine but I haven't found a recipe I like yet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, then you might be an expert in mulled wines then, Ashley;-))) I just used whatever I felt like including in my recipe;-))))

      Delete
  7. Ох, как своевременно, у нас тут метель...как раз то, что доктор прописал)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ахх, Инночка, давай нам метель вашу!!! хоть чуточку;-)))

      Delete
  8. I bet you home smelled amazing after this! Looks really good, can't wait to try it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it did! I loved it;-) I might try it out again today for my movie night;-))))

      Delete
  9. Looks so yum! This drinks will be a great choice for winter.
    instagram online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...